Train, perform, learn, discover your passion
Shakespeare For Social Justice Training Program 2024
Marin Shakespeare Company’s guiding mission is “Playing for Good”. For 20 years, we have provided Shakespeare programs in California State prisons, using Drama Therapy-inspired curricula to provide opportunities for participants to reconnect with their creativity and work together to perform Shakespeare and autobiographical plays.
The summer Shakespeare for Social Justice Training Program provides an opportunity to learn about our powerful Social Justice programming and gain experience curating culturally competent, inclusive training spaces. Through classes and workshops with Shakespeare for Social Justice Teaching Artists, Returned Artists, and with actors at San Quentin State Prison,* participants will:
• Discover Shakespeare-based exercises that promote self-discovery and rich creativity.
• Learn Drama Therapy approaches to Shakespeare and devised theatre.
• Learn about Trauma-informed facilitation and ensemble building.
• Discover restorative justice applications in theater.
• Build Skills in Facilitating positive, inclusive classes.
• Examine the intersection of social justice and theatre and develop a personal approach/pedagogy.
• Create a Culminating Project to share in a final Showcase.
and members of the Returned Citizens Theatre Troupe
Are you a high school student or young adult interested in the technical side of theatre? Technical Apprenticeships allow hands-on experience in lighting, sound, set-building and painting, prop making, and more. Tech Apprentices may be hired for tech assignments for MSC productions. Questions? Contact email@example.com
Actor Training Program 2024
Stay tuned for more information.