We have various volunteer needs throughout the year:
- Ushering for Summer Productions
- Working Backstage on a Production
- Helping in the Office
- Board of Directors
- Shakespeare Guild – help feed our hungry actors!
SuperVolunteers usher at multiple performances, and may help with special events and Shakespeare Dinners. We encourage you to attend the Volunteer Orientation to learn more. Thank you for joining our SuperVolunteer team!
Marin Shakespeare schedules ushers for those productions playing at the Forest Meadow Amphitheatre. It’s fun to help out and see our productions for free!
Sign up to usher at one or more of our incredible shows! Join us for our Volunteer Orientation to meet our team and learn more.
Sign up to Usher for Troilus and Cressida:
Sign up to Usher for Spamalot:
Sign up to Usher for Romeo and Juliet:
For questions, contact our Box Office at 415-499-4488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Backstage – Crew
- Set Building and Painting: Marin Shakespeare Company’s scenic and properties departments operate during regular weekday hours:
Mondays – Fridays 9:00 am – 5:00 pm June through October.
There are occasional projects some evening and weekends. For information, please contact Lesley Currier at 415/ 499-4485 or email: email@example.com
- Costume Creation: Costume building schedules vary from production to production. If you are interested in helping out, please contact Lesley Currier at 415/ 499-4485 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Backstage Crews: Crew positions such as production assistant, dresser, light operator, sound operator and follow-spot operator involve an intense schedule, generally ten days prior to the opening of a production and consistently through the run of the show. Our staff is willing to train volunteers who show aptitude and commitment to the rigorous schedule. If interested, please contact Lesley Currier at 415/ 499-4485
or e-mail: email@example.com.
Throughout the year, we welcome the assistance of office volunteers. You can commit to a regular schedule, choose a project such as assembling a scrap book or photo album, or help on a one-time basis with a task such as filing actors’ headshots or preparing a mass mailing. All projects are seasonal. For information, please contact Lesley Currier at 415/ 499-4485 or e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Directors
If you are interested in information about serving on our Board of Directors, please contact Lesley Currier at 415/ 499-4485 or email: email@example.com. Board members provide time, wisdom, money and connections to help Marin Shakespeare Company grow and prosper. They are our ultimate volunteers.
Help Feed our Hungry Actors!
Marin Shakespeare Company’s Guild helps with company parties for actors and crew. For each summer production, we are looking for volunteers to bring a dish for a pot-luck meal to feed our hungry actors and crew on a long rehearsal day. For more information, please contact Lesley Currier at 415/ 499-4485 or
Or contact Janna Brownstein, Guild Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-250-7353.